11/15/2013

I didn't Enter a Password on My iPhone Backup But iTunes Asks for Password When Restore

Didn't Set Up Password But iTunes Encrypt Backup Automatically


I didn't enter a password on my iPhone backup, I bet I never. But, the last day, I lost all my iPhone data because of my failed iOS update. I went to iTunes and planning to restore my lost data from the backup just made last week. However, when I pressed “Restore”, a box asking for a password to restore iPhone came out! It said that a password has protected my iTunes backup and I won’t restore it without the iPhone backup encryption password.

So I was stupid. When and how did I do that? I 100% positive, I bet that I remember clearly I didn't set up the password then. The backup created last week, so I remembered, clearly and rightly!

Now my question is: how can I find the unknown password to unlock my iTunes backup. I need the data in the iTunes backup very much! I need the backup to restore! Any advice? Thank you in advance.

How to Unlock Unknown iPhone Backup Password to Reach the Backup File to Restore?


Whenever you suffered the above or similar problem as the above, don’t be panic! What you should do is to find solutions, the solutions to getting the unknown and strange password. In this article, I will introduce you 3 methods.

Method 1: The Most Effortless One – Try Possible Passwords You Ever Used


Firstly, you should try some possible passwords to meet your fortune. Sometimes, you can be so lucky. The most fast and effortless method will work for you. Some are listed as remind:

Apple ID password, iTunes Store password, windows administrator password, the "passcode" you used to lock your iPhone, the passcode/lock code used on your iPhone when you first ever used the device, all sorts of variations of my children's names and birthdays, the ones suggested here "0000", "1234", etc.

Method 2: Enabling Cookies in Safari


The safari settings are linked to the iTunes store brower, so iTunes asking for password automatically may be related to this. Enabling the cookies again may fix everything.

To enable cookies in safari, open up the preferences and go to the privacy tab, then change the "block cookies" settings.

Method 3: Unlock iTunes Backup Password with iPhone Backup Password Recovery


However, in most cases, the mentioned methods in the above may not work. It works just in some cases, some lucky cases. So if you are not so lucky, don’t be angry. You have the last reliable method. Tenorshare iPhone Backup Password Recovery recovers your lost, forgotten, unknown password, efficiently and quickly. It is also easy to use. Three simple steps:

Step 1: Import iPhone backup file by pressing “Open” button in the main interface.
Step 2: Opt for a proper attack type accordingly.
Step 3: Start to unlock the backup password for iPhone.

This iPhone backup unlocker only has Windows version, if you need to unlock iPhone backup password on Mac, please refer to this: Unlock iPhone Backup on Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment